I really like disco balls, specially the reflection of light on them. Lately I’ve been creating “rooster balls” that are laser cut roosters covered with reflective paper (gallo).
In this 2 weeks I would like to create new polygon shapes applying this technique of procedural, aleatory and instructional strategy.
Materials: wood, reflective paper.
- select the number of points of the polygon (random number between 4 – 10).
- select the x and y point where each point would be located (random floating number). The number should be inside the dimension of the wood piece, now I was thinking 0 – 6″ for the prototype, but I would like it to be bigger.
- Join all the coordinates, with his closer point.
- Cut the figure that is form.
- Cover with reflective paper.
- Repeat step 1 to 5, three more times till you have four shapes, and join them through a cross shape, attaching each figure to one end.
- Put a fish line so you can have how to hang it, and reflect some light on it.